As the government is going digital, applying for PAN card has become very easy. A person can now obtain new PAN number assigned within a day’s time via Aadhaar-based e-sign ability upon conclusion of suitable online application.
PAN is an expedient process to connect an individual’s monetary transactions like payment of tax, TDS or TCS credits, and wealth, income, gift returns, etc., with the IT department. An individual’s tax evaluations, payments, loans, assets, etc., can be simply checked by the Tax Department and therefore it keeps a grab on each financial process within the country. This means tax avoidance and fake property transactions can be brought under examination.
For PAN card apply online, primary thing is to keep some of the information useful. Identity proof, address proof and proof of date of birth and images are the fundamental records to be examined and encircled along with the PAN card application form. Charges for applying PAN card that requires being posted to an Indian address is Rs. 107/- and charges for PAN card application for posting outside India is Rs. 994/-. Fee payment can be done via DD drawn in favor of NSDL-PAN, credit card or debit card or internet banking. Below is the checklist of needed documents:
Identity proofs to apply for PAN:
You need to make any identity proof for pertaining to a new PAN card online. You can employ any of the following:
- Voter Id Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Arms License
- Driving License
- Photo identity card provided by the Central or State Government or Public Sector Enterprise
- Pensioner card with photo of the applicant
- Central government health service plan card or ex-servicemen causative health plan photo card
- Original bank certificate
- Identity certificate in original signed by a MP or MLA or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer
Address Proofs required to apply for PAN Card:
You can offer the following docs as address proofs:
- Driving license
- Aadhar card
- Elector’s identity card
- Passport of the other half
- Post office passbook with address of the applicant
- Newest property tax evaluation order
- Residence certificate provided by the government
- Allocation letter of accommodation provided by Central or State Government. This should not be more than three years old
- Property listing
- Address certificate in original signed by a MP or MLA or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer
- Certificate of employer in original
Proof of Date of Birth required for PAN Card Apply Online:
You have to create documents for your date of birth. This can be,
- Driving license
- Birth Certificate
- Pension payment order
- Marriage certificate provided by registrar of marriages
- Certificate of matriculation
- Domicile certificate provided by the government
- Affidavit confirmed before a Magistrate declaring the date of birth
Step by Step Process to Apply for PAN Card:
Once all the above documents are furnished, go through below steps to apply for PAN card online
- Log in to NSDL website
- Go through all the rules cautiously and read all the rules for filling the Form 49A
- Go down to the base of the page and choose a category from the drop down menu
- You can look for the AO code in the link given subsequently to it. Information related AO number can also be attained from IT department
- Fill in all the needed information such as name, gender, address, basis of income, etc. in the form
- Make sure to choose properly the documents that you are going to include
- Once all the information is filled up properly, select the method of payment for application fees and create a payment
- Now, if you want to go to paperless for PAN application, choose yes. You can upload your photo and look into copy of proofs online with digital signature. There is no requirement of putting forward the hard copy of documents.
- If you choose No, you will have to submit application’s hard copy along with all other documents.
- You will now get an acknowledgement form with a sixteen digit acknowledgment number.
- Take a print out of acknowledgement form
- Affix two recent passport size photographs sign in the gap given on the acknowledgment form.
- Include all the docs described in the form along with DD and acknowledgement form.
- Place the envelope including all these documents to the NSDL’s address
- Don’t overlook to tag the envelope as APPLICATION FOR PAN— N-Acknowledgement Number
- You will get the email on application receiving
The whole method of pertaining for PAN card online is easy and problem free!